|Kid's Fire Safety Tips
|o Help your parents places smoke alarms on every floor of your home.
o Never play with matches, lighters or candles.
o Be very careful around fireplaces, heaters and electrical appliances.
o If you find matches or lighters, tell a grownup.
o Always ask an adult to help you cook.
o Know 2 ways out of every room.
o Help to plan and practice a family escape plan.
o Post emergency numbers near the phone.
IN CASE OF A FIRE
|o Don't hide in closets or under the bed.
o Stay low and go - even if that means crawling out.
o Don't be afraid of firefighters.
o Once your outside, don't go back in.
o Meet your family in the place where you planned.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
Fires can be loud, burn very fast, and smoke can make a room very dark.
That's why good escape plans help you get out quickly.
Here's how to help your family with an escape plan:
|1. Try to find at least 2 ways out from every room in your home.
2. Every way needs to be planned and practiced with grownups.
3. Remember to stay low and go.
4. Before opening a door in a fire, feel it first. If it's hot, there may be fire on the other side.
Do not open the door. Try to get out another way.
5. Pick an easy-to-remember, safe place outside to meet your family after you get out.
6. Call 9-1-1 or the emergency number from a neighbor's place.
7. Stay outside no matter what. Don't go back in for anything!